As COVID-19, a coronavirus, continues to spread, it is up to each of us to play a role in protecting ourselves and those around us, and making every effort to reduce transmission. The SRA has put together an action plan to mitigate any unnecessary risk and protect our staff, members and business assets as best we can.
What you can expect:
Effective immediately, the SRA will suspend all gatherings for work or social functions. Where possible, meetings and training will take place remotely via technology. The following will be affected by the SRA Pandemic Plan:
- Member Education and Training
- All in-person member training and events have been suspended, however distance training will be still be available.
- One-on-one in person training will not be offered until further notice. Members are encouraged to contact staff for training and support by phone or email.
- Member Meetings
- All in-person member meetings have been suspended
- All previously scheduled committee meetings will now take place remotely via Zoom.
- All future meetings will be scheduled remotely until further notice
- Access to SRA Premises
- All existing facility rentals will be cancelled and future bookings suspended until further notice
- SRA service centres are now closed. Service will continue to be provided via email or phone
To minimize potential transmission, staff training events have been postponed and all air travel and in-person attendance at conferences has been cancelled. A staff contingency work plan, which includes some staff working remotely, is being implemented to limit service disruptions while keeping our staff and members safe.
We will continue to monitor the situation and make amendments to procedures as needed.