Canadian home sales down in January
Ottawa, ON, February 14, 2020 – Statistics released today by the Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA) show national home sales declined between December 2019 and January 2020.
- National home sales fell by 2.9% on a month-over-month (m-o-m) basis in January.
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity was up 11.5% year-over-year (y-o-y).
- The number of newly listed properties was little changed (+0.2%) m-o-m.
- The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) advanced by 0.8% m-o-m and 4.7% y-o-y.
- The actual (not seasonally adjusted) national average sale price climbed 11.2% y-o-y.
Home sales recorded over Canadian MLS® Systems declined by 2.9% in January 2020, although they remain among the stronger monthly readings of the last few years.
Access the January 2020 stats PDF.
For more information, please contact:
The Canadian Real Estate Association
200 Catherine Street, 6th Floor Ottawa, ON K2P 2K9
Tel: +1 (613) 237-7111